Saturday, January 11, 2014

July 19, 1977 (Letter from Barb N)


I don't really know who to write to now.  I have to write to someone about the way I feel now.

It concerns Leroy and I.  After living together for four months, I decided in order to solve problems for our future it would be best for him to move out now.  I really feel the hurt now.  He is moving out of the apartment today and I know we both don't want to be separated.

But now I feel a release inside.  It's not that I'm losing him because I feel there is no need to doubt our love.  I feel that we both need to be separated in order to evaluate our relationship.

At times I felt that Leroy has a lack of inner strength.  His will is too free.  He is a strong partier, too, too strong for my needs.  Even tho he is almost 3 years younger he is more mature.  He left home at 14 and lived by his own means.  So in some respects he has a good hold on his life and in others he still needs time to find his path in life.  I told him that I want him to come to a choice on his own accord.  If he is happy with his free life style then by all means he should live it free.  I hope our separation will mean a lot to him and it will help him to come to a conclusion about his present life style.

I very much want to be with him.  He really has a lot to offer.  He can help me overcome my shyness in my personality and I can help to motivate him in a positive direction, but not yet.  My senses feel very alert today and it is only the first day of our separation.  Maybe this period will help me also.

I guess I am playing a game of risk, but it is the results of the game I am after.  If I can get these problems resolved now then hopefully we will be able to live a happy life together.  I hope so.

Other than that I don't have much to say.  I am looking towards the calendar for the pages to turn to October 15.  I heard from Larry & he is almost set to come to Europe.

Mom & Dad should be at the lake.  I wish I was there, too.  Maybe next year.

I am doing fine knowing I"ll be back in good company soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment