Wednesday, November 14, 2012

December 29, 1974 (Note from Elaine)



I'm terribly sorry that I didn't answer your letter sooner.  Unfortunately, my husband and I have had health "scares" these past months (I was down with hepatitus for 5 long weeks)---but happily we're both fine now.

Your job sounds interesting -- but even more important -- you sound so happy about it.  (It's a bit of a contrast with "straight" Manhasset -- pun intended -- nevertheless, I think I might have been able to offer something both challenging and satisfying here, too.   Maybe?  By your sights?  I guess I really don't know.)

I don't know if she has contacted you, but a friend of of a friend of mine is doing research, has a grant (trying to get a grant?) to work with prison inmates on a sort of author's apprenticeship program -- an inmate writer, who would work with a specific author...I don't really know the details. Anyway, her name is Kathy Pernitz and she was very interested to learn about you and where you are -- and may write to you.

I really look forward to hearing from you, so keep in touch?

Hope you have a very happy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment