Tuesday, May 15, 2012

March 4, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Glad to get your letter the other day!  Too bad you're not going to be here for the big Rock and Roll Revival #2.  It's going to be something else.  Get this -- Chubby Checker, Freddy Cannon!!!, Little Richard, Joey Dee and the Starlighters, Jerry Lee Lewis etc -- ra real freak show!  I'd love to see it.

Haven't been able to get to any movies with Andy out of work.  It doesn't look like he'll be able to find a job too soon!  His first big unemployment check Mar 4t\h.

Hi Paul:  How's things in "B", stop by on way to Calif.  Look for new address. Bill.

We are evacuating the premises on or before April 1st.  Andy and I finally just blew up and started birching at the landlady and told her to get fucked and drop dead; what a fruit!  So now it's looking in the want ads for both a job and a place to live -- feel insecure lately?  I'm tempted to just take off for Florida or something.  I hope I have the will power to save at least #200-300 by fall.  If I can swing it I really would like to move to Florida for next winter.  With Mr. S down there I'm sure he can find me a place and send me wants ads -- it's a thought I keep in the back of my mind, mainly because it probably won't happen!   Hope everything goes well for you this summer!  Like Bill said be looking for a new addr in May!!!!
Well I must go and feed my little melon -- at least I didn't have to work today!  Such ecstasy!

Good morning to  you, good morning to you!  How are you this morning......yuk!  No one should be subjected to mornings...One of these years Nelson you'll (maybe) suffer the same fate.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment