Friday, October 26, 2012

October 20, 1974 (Letter from Larry)


I wanted to tell you about the plans Barb and I have.

Even if we're married we still want to get some land together.  Barb says she plans to sell her car, pay off her loan and then start saving.  I'm starting to be more careful of how I spend my money so I can save as much as possible. Dad might be retiring in  3 years so maybe he would want to go in on the land also.  He did mention about getting a house trailer when he retires.  That would make things nice if we found some land without a house on it.  I think Mom and Dad decided that building a new house would be too expensive, especially with the price of lumber and building materials.  It would be nice to get something like Ed's aunt's farm.

If you wanted to go in on it too, it would be nice.  By then you'll probably be out of Montana. Maybe you'd have a job in New England.  It's hard to say what everybody will be doing 3 or 4 years from now, but it would be nice if we could all be together.

Barb and I were thinking of going to Sweden after she gets out of the navy.  I'm sure I could take the time off from work.  Frank will probably be here for four more y ears and it would be bests to tke the time off before he left.  The Crary's might not even be living in 3 yeras.  If both of them died I would most likely leave Warren.

Well, I just wanted to tell you my dreams (and Barb's.).

Have a good birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just a moment back I was searching for the information on the same topic and now I am here. So much information, really well executed blog. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks
    regards
    House Plans

    ReplyDelete