Friday, February 22, 2013

September 26, 1975 (Letter from Cheryl)


Thought I'd write you & see how your doin'?  Hope your doin fine -- are you still working in the library?  We are all fine.  Georgie is in school now & likes it pretty much, as much as he can like school.  Me & Lawana fart around all day, goin to junk stores & down by the creek's.  We got a neat log cabin house with 3 bedrooms, no neighbors to speak of and 300 ft. behind the house that's ours.  It's right in the mountains too -- we have to chop our own wood for fire, which may prove to be a hassle this winter, but it's still nice to have it.  Do you see Linda very much any more?  Or is she still even there?  How is George doin?  He doesn't write me any more.  Does he seem to be happy; well as happy as he can be in there?  Does he still work in the library?  I have a car now (it needed a little work) but maybe one of these days I'll make it up there.  Wallace is closer to D. L. but it costs more on the bus for some reason, plus they cut my welfare grant down cuz other people live with em.

Anyway take care & please answer back.  I'd like to hear from you, plus find out about my old man.  Tell him hello for me.  Hope to see you when I come out.  By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment