Thursday, February 9, 2012

October 19, 1968 (Letter from Kathy)


That's really neat that you are pledging a fraternity.  I hope you make it.

I had my mid-terms this week, but they weren't very hard.  I really don't find college that much harder than high school.  Just about the only difference is in the big lack of sleep.  I'm suffering for that.  I stayed in last night because I was so sick I thought I'd die if I got out of bed.

It's still 40 days until I come home -- Nov. 27.  I have to be back on Dec. 2, for the rest of my finals.  Then I have a break from Dec. 4 for Dec. 9, but I can't come home both times, so I'm coming home when everyone else will be home.  They sure mess vacation up, huh?

Have you gone home yet?  I'm very proud of you for writing on the back.  What would you do without all my wonderful little suggestions?

Would you like some sand from the ocean?  I went home with my roommate last weekend.  She lives only a block and a half from the ocean.  It's so beautiful.  I went wading.  If it had been just a little nicer I would have gone swimming.  I just love the waves.

I've only seen Bill Cosby, but he was really funny.

Thank you for the protection part.  I might take you up on it some day.  They are really terrible around here.  I'm just not like that, and I better not ever be or I'll hate myself.

Well, I'm off to work.  Be good, take care, don't study hard, and write soon (don't take my advice).

No comments:

Post a Comment