Saturday, December 29, 2012

March 25, 1975 (Letter from Mardi)



Still hangin' in there?  Your letter sounds quite familiar, like one of mine about four years ago. Before you know it, one one letter you can live a whole year!  Unfortunately,  it's back to reality and that 365 day year.  It just seems so much easier to take after writing about it.  More stimulation is what we all need right now!  At least your job is so rewarding for you, it is half the battle, it's too bad the surrounding is not the same.  One of these days you'll flow right into a great place with a job you enjoy -- it does happen.  All is well here, my job keeps me going most of the regular week day.  The days are just flying by lately.  I'm basically a slow mover at my leisure time, so by the time I finish enjoying my son, my home, and some conversation, it's late evening -- and everyone knows I do not function without at least 7 hrs of sleep.  The weekends here are even worse, it doesn't seem like any other day!  Possibly this weekend I'll have more time, I leave work at 1:00 and return Monday, WOW a big weekend!  Anyway, I want to get a little basket made for Matthew and maybe one for my second baby, Marti.  He's in Hilton Head, S.C. right now, crummy!  He had a great opportunity and there was no need for him to pass up the chance.  He and Matt went down.  Matt is caddy for Rocky O'Sheill who plays every year in the "Pro-Am" golf tournament.  Rocky has all Matt and Marti's passes paid for and will pay for their golfing and they have free room and board with the Blackman's, who reside in Hilton Head itself. So, what can I say?  I feel like a single person again, only it's not quite the same, now I have a car and a baby!!!!  I should say I feel like a single mother!

Tonight Barb and I are going to Jamestown to see "Murder on the Orient Express", we both already know "who dun-it" though!  Hopefully it will not spoil the suspense.  However, by tonight there may be a foot of snow.  The weather has been rainy yesterday and today but now the temperature has taken a drop downward to freezing.  Tomorrow, I get treated to a ravioli dinner, in occasion for my 25th birthday.  Supposedly from Barb's point of view your 25th is a moment of crisis, realizing you can't be 25.  I feel like time has stood still and I'm really only 21 yet, I fell and act like I'm 18!

I should close and get busy, I've been making a macrame holder for my plant, I'm too spastic for such artistic endeavors right now.


I'm going to lunch soon and should have a picture of Matthew to enclose to you.  I can't remember when you were leaving for Berkeley, so if you haven't gone yet, have a safe trip and if you have gone, hope it was a dynamite time, you sound as if you could use a change from Deer Lodge!  So, take care, hope to get a longer letter off to you sometime.  Things are bound to slow down sooner or later.

Hi from Ellie and Libby!  Barb's cat had kittens, which  you probably know.  I finally saw them and they are so cute, so we might have a kitten soon?  Do I dare?'

No comments:

Post a Comment