Tuesday, December 4, 2012

February 18, 1975 (Letter from Larry)


I'm not doing anything so I decided to write you a letter.

It's been warm the past couple days and most of the snow is melting away.  It felt like spring today, working outside.

I made 2 rabbit traps about a month ago.  The rabbits like to eat the roses and other vegetables.  Finally got one today.  Frank showed me how to skin it.  I had half of it for supper tonight.  I froze the other half.  It was good but leaner and tougher than domesticated meat.  You have to chew it more.  I had asked frank, if we got a rabbit,k if he would show me how to skin it.  It's something that I feel I should know how to do.

I've been learning Swedish.  If I stick to it I should be able to speak it fairly well.  It's quite easy.

I'm going to pick up an order for the Jamestown food coop either this Saturday or next.  I've save a lot of money buying from the coop.

I'll be starting to do some yard work on my own soon.  I have to prune some grapes and an apple tree.  That has to be done in winter or early spring.  I'm looking forward to planting my garden.  I sent for the seeds two weeks ago.  It will be a couple months before I do any planting.

I hope to do more yard work on my own this summer.  It's like a hobby that pays well.

I've been wanting to do some woodcarving for awhile.  But haven't been in the right mood for it.  Barb gave me some woodcarving tools for Christmas but I've used them once.

I think this  year is going to be a good year.  Mainly because last year was a bad year.  It was a time for searching and getting myself together.  I feel a lot more confident about my future.  I feel alone because there's nobody in Warren I can really relate to.  The people I've met at the food coop are basically into the same thing I am, but it's hard to really get to know them when they live in another city.  I do want to become more involved with the coop.  Then I can get to know some good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment