Saturday, July 6, 2013

November 5, 1976 (Letter from Cheryl)



Sure seems like it's been along time since I wrote or heard from you -- hope your still at the same place.

Alot has changed & alot has happened since I wrote last.  George and I aren't tog and haven't been for some time.  When he left he said he may go to Portland or he may turn himself back in to the joint.  No one has heard from him since so I don't know where he's at or what he's doin.   He doesn't even write to Georgie.  But he said he'd drop by Xmas so we'll see then.  Maybe.  I'd still like to know if he's okay tho, even if we aren't tog anymore.  If & when I heard from him I'll let you know.  I think I gave him your address & maybe you've heard from him?  Let me know if yo have okay.

In Sept. I moved to Washington but after a month of being there I got home sick for the mountains and came back.  It's nice to be back here again.  The hills are really pretty with all the leaves changing.  We haven't gotten any now yet; in fact it's been in the 50's most every day.  Which is nice for Nov.  While I was in Wash.  I caught hepatitis from firing up drugs.  Isn't that dumb?  I didn't even know I had it  till someone told me I should see a doc.  I'm kinda ignorant on diseases like that cuz I've never had it or seen it.  But a couple days before I went to the doc's I felt really tired & couldn't stay awake.  Guess I've had it about 3 wks now.  Should be over it soon, I hope. One good thing I've lost alot of weight from it.

I guess from what George said Brian Borgen is back in the joint.  Don't know what he did tho. Clayton Cline got in a fight and got shot 3 times and is now a vegetable.  That's too bad -- I kinda liked him.  Really even if I didn't like him I'd still hate to see it happen.

What are you doin for turkey day?  We're havin a big bird with all the trimmings and a bunch of people up for a party.  Hopefully the people we use to live with here will be up by then. They moved to Calif. in Aug.  Sure would make for a good party.

In Aug. we went all the way back to North Dakota, right on the Minnesota border to see my brother.  It was really a good trip.  Had alot of fun.  On the way back I got to see my mother in Montana and I'm happy for that, cuz she died in Sept.  Was quite a shock to us all.  Ya don't realize how much they mean to ya till there gone.  Then it's too late.

The kids are really gettin big.  George is as tall as me an Lawana is already in school.  She really enjoys it and even tho she doesn't have any homework she pretends to just like her bother.  Their both gettin' all excited over Xmas.  Sure does seem like it comes around fast any more.

Well I'd better go for now -- gotta do some stuff.  So take care & write sooner than I did.  Have a good Thanksgiving -- Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment