Sunday, July 21, 2013

November 16, 1976 (Letter from Mardi)



Thought I'd better sit down & wrote a note before the holiday "crunch" gets me!  Marti will be working at the Style Stop helping out next week  & if I'm to get anything done it will be in the late evening hours!  Sounds like everyone is tighting their belt this winter -- we've had one expense after the other-- small -- but they always seem to eat up a pay check!!  I was about to get ready to make some Christmas gifts but don't think I can even spare the extra money for materials!!!

November 22, Monday

Not doing well on this letter at all!!  Hope you have a pleasant Thanksgiving wherever you end up. Barb is going to Boston the weekend after Thanksgiving for a few days.  She & Patsy will be moving into a duplex on Conewango near Fifth some time around Dec. 1.  Guess she'll be here for winter?  Don't know what she's doing lately.  Marti met Rick last week & said he was a real TURKEY -- he was giving Barb a lot of shit Marti said.

Maybe it was a bad day for him?!!  I really don't know why she's so "attached" to him -- other than for a personal challenge of some sort or just personal satisfaction.  Can't figure her out this time.

Received a letter from Renee -- of course they were up for her grandfather's funeral, but were here & gone. Would love to stop & see them some time but can never foresee being in that area of Ohio for anything particular.

I have to update my Christmas card list.  I'm at least hoping to hear from a few people at the time!!

Right now we are having a mini-blizzard in Warren, Pa.  Really hasn't bothered me this year because I haven't got the hassle of the car like Marti does.  As long as I bundle up I'm OK.  Hope the Datsun "saves" -- you some money this winter w/ no extra needed garage bills.  If you don't take it to work remember to at least run it for awhile each day.  You know that though .  You may find sticking at home during winter really isn't so bad -- the weekend outings are costly -- I know! Glad to hear you'll be here at Christmas.  Hope we can all get together some evening for food & drinks.  You've got to make your spinach lasagna yet Nelson!!!  My kitchen is your kitchen -- any time!!.

If you hear from Renee, Tina or Mike let me know.  Yes, Mike's father has been going down hill for 2 yrs now.  He was in the psychiatric ward @ WGH at one time & I figured that would put him fairly straight but he was arrested for drunken driving a few months later -- can't figure it out.  I would think Mrs. Foster would give him support & try to help him w/ the drinking -- although she was not "tea tottler" herself!  It's good for Mike to be away from it!

Have you decided about your Christmas decorating?  I'm trying to organize a little each day.  Glad the holidays are coming up.  Don't know what the rest of '77 will bring though.  I would imagine seeing Harries to any great extent would be hard & it does help the relationship  -- probably the only thing to do now is let the relationship take its own course & relax.  I remember scraping up enough money -- 60 cents a day for transit fare to get me to work & back!!!  But as long as you're comfortable & have a few close friends it's not that bad.

Well, I must go -- probably forgot some things but I must get this in the mail.

Take care.

We are all fine.

Poopies are fine

Yolanda sends her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment