Monday, July 1, 2013

November 1, 1976 (Letter from Harriet)



It's been a while and I haven't heard from you.  What has happened?  Our last rendezvous was certainly strange, and I don't know what to make of it.  It's frustrating, because I really wanted to talk about the whole thing, and I know that you didn't.  I can't decide whether to think that you didn't think (still following me?) that talking about it was worth it, or that you just had a hard time relating your feelings to me.  Maybe it will be easier to sort your feelings out in a letter.

As for me, I was only questioning the nature of our relationships.  I think that the first time that we slept together I told you that I was shy and didn't usually do things like that so quickly.  Well it was the truth.  Usually, I take things pretty slow and feel a strong affection and closeness with a man before I let him get physically close to me.  That weekend, I couldn't figure out why the closeness wasn't coming, and I was feeling shy and uncomfortable sleeping with you.  I felt that I wanted to get to know you better before I really opened up my soul.  Do you understand what I mean?  I hope so.

Maybe we were meant to be friends so that we might explore each other's minds, and if the hearts follows, so be it.

I hope that our friendship isn't over -- I have the feeling that you are purposelyo not writing to me. Tell me what you are thinking.

P.S.  I am helping some friends out with yoga & could use the help of my book.  Are you doe with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment