Monday, July 29, 2013

November 24, 1976 (Letter from Barb N)



Again I enjoyed your letter thoroughly.  I was so excited last nite when I found out the whole family would be in Warren at X-mas.  Now I haven't any 2nd thoughts of the money I will spend to get home.

I will check into my flight no. and arrival time today.  I still have to write a check.  I told Mom to put $400.00 in my checking account but I haven't heard a reply so I'm uneasy about writing a check.  I will give Mom a few more days.

If I get a hop into Philly I am debating if I should fly to Springfield.  Pete is going to drive to Norfolk and I would like to go down there with him. Send me your phone no. so I can call you to tell you my plans..  If I have to call collect I will reimburse you.  (I will call collect from the States.)

Have I remembered all there is concerning my trip home.  I hope so.

We are very much alike in our personalities even tho I have not matured as far as you have.  I mean in thee sense of how real we are to ourselves.  I still feel like a child of the world retreating into myself when I encounter situations in life.  I am aware at this point.  I know that I must solve these problems through proper thought then follow through with the correct actions.

For so long I have shut myself off in thought.  I have been thinking only of the problems and I never took the time to understand why there was a problem, how it came to be etc.  I purposely stopped myself from progressing in a straight path.

I too feel that a lot of mysteries of our subconscious can be opened through smoking.  A few days ago I smoked by myself and was listening to King Crimson's "I Talk to the Wind".  I was aware of minutest sounds that I have never listened to when I was straight.  I too have sat down and looked at myself as a third person.  I can come to find answers but I'm such a fool at times.  I won't apply the knowledge that I contain.  I don't understand why I am such a weak person.  I am not aware of myself at all time.  It's like I am two persons that don't get along.  That is why I talk to people of what I am.  One of me is fake the other is real.

Instead of getting involved in a long letter I'm sure we can talk when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment