Tuesday, October 2, 2012

May 14, 1974 (Letter from Elaine Seaton)



I was glad to hear from you.

There must be another (better) way...I'm really concerned about your method of earning money.  Even giving (selling) blood sounds better than what you're doing.  At lest the blood replenishes itself -- and they won't keep taking it if you show adverse reactions.

Please...

I'm truly concerned.  Your tone sounds low.

The situation here has changed.  The man on my staff who I thought would be leaving has decided to stay.  (For which I have to say, I'm glad.  He's good -- he's nice -- and after one year he now can really first be truly actively contributing.)

For which I also want to say -- I'm sorry.  'Cause it means there is no opening for you.

We'll be adding a librarian trainee, but that's it.

I will also be at ALA.  If there is any way I can help you locate yourself, please do call on me.

Very good luck, and take care.

Regards to Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment