Saturday, June 23, 2012

November 11, 1972 (Letter from Kenny)



I know it's been a really long time since you wrote to me but honestly I haven't had any time to write.  As a matter of fact I don't have time now but I'm writing while eating breakfast.  I keep asking Lauren to get me your phone number (ti's easier for me to call) but she can't find it.  Please send me your #.  Oh yeah, just because I couldn't write, doesn't mean you had to stop writing (it was one of the few letters I've gotten).

 Well let's see.  School sucks.  I realize I overreact but this is really ridiculous.  The amount of work is unbelievable and what's worse is that I honest am not understanding much.  I get up at 9:00, get dressed, study for 1/2 hour, go to 2 classes, eat lunch, study for 1/2 hour, go to 3rd class.  Study from 2:00 to 5:00.  Eat Sinner.  Study from 6:30 to 11:00.  That's it everyday and weekends are even worse.  It has completely destroyed my life.  I've never been so miserable as I am now.  Whatever small amount of confidence I ever had has been completely taken from me.  We got our picture books of all the kids in the first yr class and there are some people with doctorates, no shit.  Some of these dudes graduated college in 1964.  (I hadn't even graduated jr high then.)

In case you haven't heard I'm engaged.  That's another thing that's been bothering me.  I honestly don't know if I'm ready to get married but next year I don't want to be as miserable as I am this year.  I don't know how it happened but somehow it did.  We had decided to wait til the following summer then all of a sudden I found myself saying, "no, let's get married this summer" which is what I had never wanted before.  The wedding (ye gods) will be this summer (probably mid-August).  I really want you to come but if you're going to be in sunny Calif. I'll understand.

I see Herb very rarelyt, usually whenever we're home for a weekend.  He's having a good time, finally getting laid and growing a mustache (a real one).  How's Chris?  I hear he's in Buffalo.  I'm sure he's been hanging around with you or trying to.  I hope to get there sometime in March but you'll probably be gone by then won't you?  Have you heard from Tony at all?  I wonder how the little Polish kid is doing?  How's your car?  How's your life?  Are you brushing your teeth regularly?  The answers to these and other questions will be greatly appreciated in one of Nelson's 70 page documentaries (otherwise known as letters.)

Take care big kid, I've got to go to the library.  I'm sorry again for not writing, don't forget to give me your phone number and when you're in.


No comments:

Post a Comment