Thursday, June 21, 2012

October 29, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



I'm actually going to try and write on non-lined paper.  I never was a "swave" letter writer.

Good to hear that you're truckin straight out to California.  It's very simple, if you do get down and out, you're somewhere you can't bitch because it's your climate and your choice.  I never once hated good old Minneapolis although I've been not too thrilled with the winter, but I have to have a winter.  There are some real weirdo's still around!  It keeps me in good bitching form!

I was talking to my mother Saturday and she mentioned to me if I knew if you would be home at Christmas time.  But I didn't know.  Anyway, she wanted me to ask you if you are going to be home after school, the 15th, for Christmas and all, and if you are stopping in Minneapolis on your way to California, if she could ride out here with you.  Just a thought.   Then we could both fly to Florida together and she'd like that.

Today I am relaxing my body from a party last night.  WOWIE!  The old annual Halloween party -- Bill and I went really original this year!  Football player -- me -- and the devil -- oh, Bill says to "go to hell" and when you're there he'll see you.  Yuck yuck.  God it was one of the best parties I've ever been to.  Owen and Mel, and some other guys, I don't think you know, have a mansion on Irving Ave around the Guthrie and Walker area, how they got it I'll never know.  But this place is huge and about 150 people showed up and a couple of kegs and a few hits and everyone was so fine.  Glad I wasn't there this morning though.

Mom was telling me Dody and his family have sold everything in Warren and moved to Buffalo.  Mr. DeLong apparently being transferred.  She said something about Dody and grad school, but I have mislaid the letter.

I must close, I'm trying to get through "The Cancer Ward".  It's been sitting on my book shelf for over a year.  I picked up a couple of books for a quarter a piece -- 2 from the "Alexandria Quartet" and a book about She that I've wanted.

Take care and tell me about Xmas.  Hope to see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment