Tuesday, June 19, 2012

October 26, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Happy happy birthday!  I wrote myself a note so I could send you a card but as usual I am behind schedule.

I'll try and get this out before the mail girl gets here!

Everything is in that state of -- HECTIC -- I'm fighting my way through classes, not because they're difficult, I just can't get with it!

Sue and I are getting along fine but it still seems funny to have her for a "roomy".  Bill is still trying to get into a job and it's been a pisser!  Same old story.

Haven't really got too much to say right now, besides being at work I can't quite get into this letter.  I've been waiting and waiting to hear from Barb, but she must be too pre-occupied to write I haven't heard form her since about 2 months ago.  Did get a letter from Joan and she was mentioned about Freddy going back to school in Ohio.  I know they were having a lot of trouble but she didn't even bring it up.  Hopefully they will work things out and old Fred will see the light.

Tonight Arlo Guthrie is going to be at Northrup Hall at the U.  So we are ambling over there.  Last night we went to the hockey game and naturally our fantastic Northstars fell to St. Louis 4-3.  Then we went to the "Little Tiajuana" and ate Mexican food and drank beer all night.  What an awful thing to do to my stomach!  I'll never look at a tamale again!

Take care and I will drop you a line again soon. Oh, I have Gary and Kathy Tuller's address, do you need it?  They don't live in Colorado, I thought you said they lived near Denver, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment