Friday, June 15, 2012

October 13, 1972 (Letter from Van)


It's really good to hear form you Paul.  It sounds as though you are giving yourself a real workout.  I'd hate to have to work your hours and still attend classes.  But, at lest you work alone without having someone over your shoulder everytime you turn around.  I have to keep on my toes, especially after having been given Jim Bonner's station and his schedule.  He went on vacation for the month of October.  If he comes back, I believe he will only be working on weekends.  So that leaves me pretty well off having his station.  Of course, Boyd got a little irritated Art moved me into Jim's station instead of moving Boys into it.  At least I still know I'm on Art's good side and not having to put up with the games he plays, like some employees there, is a relief in itself.

Randy and I are really getting spoiled as far as the "smoke it" goes.  In the past 2 weeks alone we have gone through $300 worth of primo hash oil.  You think you got loaded from the "Columbo" this past summer, don't you.  Well, you wouldn't ever believe how loaded Randy and I have gotten after going through two $10 joints in one day.  I'd send you a sample but I really don't want to risk it.  Being caught with oil iis like being caught with heroin.  They really hand you for it.  After all, oil is 4 times as potent as primo hash.  Approximately 62% THC content is obtained in oil, compared to 4% in weed.  It's quite an extreme, believe me.

Randy and I went to the Joe Cocker concert two weeks ago in Long Beach.  It wasn't as good as we had anticipated it to be.  John Mark Almond played also.  They were the whole show.  On Oct 23rd, we are going to see Elton John and Family at the Forum.  We also have tickets for the Moody's Nov 1st, which incidentally begins a two week vacation for us.  I asked Art for a two week vacation which we both badly need.  Between you and I, I gave him the line that we wanted to go East and visit our parents.  But actually we hope to go north to Frisco and Oregon.  The Cottage never did close down, as expected, so that completely bummed us out for sure.  So that prompted me to take the initiate and ask for a couple weeks off.

As for my car, that's another story.  Three weeks ago I had my car towed to a mechanic in Newport to have him put it back together for me.  I got tired of hassling with it.  There it sits, still waiting for the bearings to arrive.  The mechanic was having trouble locating the correct size bearing so I finally told him where he could get them.  So I hope it will be ready before the Elton John concert because I had previously planned to drive there.

The weather here is beginning to sour a bit, as it has been raining off and on lately.  But I keep telling Randy things are going to change once the car is on the road.  I say it encouragingly, continuously to keep ourselves from thinking about the boredom we are experiencing.  After all, the end of November begins the peak of all who fall under the sign of the Capricorn, of which I am a part of.  Things should start picking up soon, I hope.  It does sound encouraging, though, doesn't it!  Well, all I can say now is that time will tell.  We'll continue with an up to date smoke it scene as each month becomes a little better.  Take care and write soon Paul.





No comments:

Post a Comment