Tuesday, June 5, 2012

August 12, 1972 (Letter from Chris)



Just a quick note before I go to work.  Hope everything's still going well for you.  Things are fine here except that I have not had time to do anything but work and sleep.  I did get to see the Stones when they were here, but it wasn't so great.

Are you or aren't you going back to school?  Maybe by now you've decided to become a monk and do all your writing on some distant mountain top.  No, huh?  Well, it's just as well.

I've just harvested my first crop of grass from the yard, and in a few days, when it's completely dried I'll put it to the test.  I wonder what ever happened to all the stuff growing on the side at 4028 Bailey.

Herb and Kenny dropped by on Saturday while I was still sleeping.  They were very exciting to see and be with.  Kenny and Lauren still aren't married.  Herb has nothing to do after work, so he's starting to build an amplifier from a kit.

Work is starting to get interesting now.  I usually stay after I'm closed up -- and sit at the bar with a few kids.  Sometimes we get stoned -- and just sit around till 4:30-5:30 in the morning.  If we get hungry -- well, it's a fucking restaurant isn't it.  I've even been raped twice in the last month.  Unfortunately by the same girl both times.  (I think I'm pregnant.)  Last month my life was threatened by four rather obscene youngsters who didn't like the fact that I was having them arrested for theft of service.  (They walked out without paying.)  But these things happen.  What would life be like without some excitement.  Unexciting,  probably.

There's not much for me to say now.  I just finished writing to an old friend, and it seems that every time I write two letters in a row the second is always from hunger.  So I apologize for writing and not saying anything.

But I just wanted to say hello -- send my best wishes and see if you're still alive.  Drop a note sometime.  And if you think you'll be around here sometime -- give an advance notice.  If you'll be back at school, I'll definitely see you there whenever I visit.  Be good - take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment