Thursday, April 25, 2013

July 7, 1976 (Letter from Grayce)



Naturally, since the arm-twisting has succeeded, I have bad-good news to report.  Please excuse this little note, but I'll explain!!  Westinghouse, in one of its strange & mysterious ways, has picked July 10th (Sat) til July 17th (?) Sat for our little trip.  Of course I should have known!  I just wrote Diane (not mentioning you, of course) [I had mentioned before that I'd ask you, but I said you probably wouldn't come, ok?]  Therefore, I have asked her to switch to the 24th or 341st & to ask Bev & let me know.  I should hear very soon & will let you know as soon as I do.  By the way, may I have your phone no? -- or is that classified?  Actually, I suppose I could get it from information. I don't  think you are coy enough to have an unlisted number?

Diane & Bev have taken it into their heads that my serving them too many meals would be a "burden" so they have decided we have to go to Poli's one night (Saturday).  How do you feel about this?  I can understanding how being short of money feels since I am always that way myself, but I already agreed that we'd go.  What to do?  Let me know, ok?  Also I'm trying to get reservation for Fallingwater that Sunday (especially since I remember you wanted to see it & we never did, in our excursions )  If only I could find out for which day!!!  (That would be a help.)

I'm sure this is completely incoherent & I sound even nuttier than usually - & of course, I am.

WRITE & tell me what's going on (because I definitely don't know).

No comments:

Post a Comment