Tuesday, February 21, 2012

December 12, 1968 (Letter from Mardi)


I was glad to get your letter.  It sounds exactly like what I've been doing here.  No one really cares about school or studies, right now I just want to go home.  I'm so tired to studies.  I'll actually be home in less than a week.  I'm planning on what I'm going to eat when I get there.  I don't think I'll make it to the 20th.  All we're having are finals next week too.  I got a letter from Dody and I guess he's been sick with the flu.  I guess he's missed a lot of school.  I really hope I don't get sick.  There are a lot of kids out here because of the flu.

Not too much happening.  Friday night we went to see Andy Williams and the concert was absolutely fantastic.  We even like Roger Miller.  We sat about 15 ft away.  We took quite a few pictures and I have to pick them up tonight.  I hope they turned out.  The performance lasted almost three and a half hours.  It was something to see.

Saturday Wendy and I went to a party at 1 AM.  We had a riot the whole 45 minutes we were there.  Sunday I slept all day and wen to the Art Institute with Nancy and took some pictures.

The weather has been cold but sunny and clear.  Today it's drizzly and dark out and I'm afraid it might decide to snow.  I hear Jamestown had a bad storm and Erie had thousands of dollars of damage.  The Peninsula was blown away.

I'm really hurtin', I haven't had more than two hours sleep each night.  Monday we had to clean our entire apartment for room inspection Tuesday -- blaah!  Last night we decided we weren't going to buy a Christmas tree but that we were going to find one and chop it down.  We looked all over and nobody had a decent pine tree to take.  We looked at apt building too while we were clonking around.  One was $208 -- without utilities.  Blaah!  I may never have an apt.

Dec 13 - Friday.  I'm casually relaxing in the apt., feeling blase.  It's the flu.  I'm just washing out a few shirts and blouses -- finally getting ready to pack.

My mother was in the hospital.  I tried to call Wednesday and Thursday and I couldn't get a hold of  her and I started to get worried.  The operators actually began calling me by my name.  This one was really nice.  So I called my aunt and she told me everything was fine and my mother came home today.  The doctor put her in the hospital to rest and for shots.  I talked to her today at noon and she sounded terrible but she said she was feeling better but weak.  She said she might be home all week 16-20.  I hope she gets much better for Christmas.  Watch me get sick all vacation.  Dody went over to see her and Mike called her.  You kids are so thoughtful.  She really love ya all, you know.

We had a snow storm last night but we weren't hit that hard.  Up north they were hit with 14 to 15 in of snow.  We don't have too much.  Planes have been taking off anyway.  I got some pictures of our jet coming out here, finally.  Please take care handsome.  SEE YOU IN TWO AND A HALF DAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment