Saturday, April 14, 2012

December 12, 1970 (Letter from Mardi)


Happy holiday to you...  Saw "Holiday Inn" last night w/ Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire -- great movie!  "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas bababa boo."  Old Freddie really had the class.  I wonder when they'll show "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Young at Heart" -- every Christmas, it never fails.  Sorry I haven't gotten a line out to you sooner but I'm getting my head out of water.  Tomorrow is my final in economics and Sat is American History!  I'm taking absolutely nothing next semester.  I'm going to sign up for a language and I think I'll take Italian.  I'm anxious to see if I can pick it up again.  Sue is dissatisfied with her job and is trying to get back to school.  She wants courses in physical therapy.  She'd have to go to Pa and get into school out there if she goes full time.  She doesn't know what she wants.  She's so dramatic about everything.  It's like living with Sara Burnhart or something!



Got to talk to Michael on the phone Sat and he's to be t school the 8th or 9th of Jan and he's having trouble with his father etc etc.  If he doesn't get established somewhere, he'll have a nervous breakdown of some kind, he's just too nervous to accomplish anything right now.  I really have sympathy for him.  So what are your plans?  Have you managed to take East or West!  You're keeping me in suspense, you know!!  Take care, see ya soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment