Tuesday, April 10, 2012

July 25, 1970 (Letter from Kenny)

How has it been going?  Sorry I didn't write sooner but with my mother leaving for Europe things were pretty hectic.  She left Thursday night on a 747 and it left a half-hour late which is pretty amazing.

I don't remember whether I told you about the Sly concert (7/11) but it was very good but not great.  Rare Earth was also there but they were only pretty good.  The next week was Simon & Garfunkel and naturally it was what you would expect from S&G.  The only problem was that they were alone and played for 2 hours which is a lot but the concert seemed short.  When they finished "Bridge Over Troubled Water" the house came down and were given a 5 minute standing ovation after that one number.

Now that my mother isn't here I have the car all the time which really doesn't excite me overwhelmingly.  Yesterday I bought my new stereo, the same on as you except that instead of "50" speakers I got "50A" which are the same size but the new model.  They had a sale and for the same price I paid ($180 with tax) I could have gotten these huge, great speakers.  They were the same height but twice as wide as the "50A" and sounded really great.  I couldn't figure where the hell I'd put them so I didn't get them.  It's just as well.  Last night after I set up the stereo I got stoned and listened to most of my records.  I haven't gotten many new ones only Melanie and Let It Be.

I've tried to call Michael a few times but he's never been home.  I still have his check.  I see Herb and Chris pretty often and I've seen Eric a couple of times.

So when are you going to come to the "Big City"?  Let me know so I can contact and mayor and maybe he'll give you a key to the city.  On Aug 5 outside concert in Manhattan will have Chicago and Guess Who and I'm thinking of going even though I saw Chicago last month.

Oh yeah, a while ago we went to the track and in one race a horse name Fort Nelson was running so I bet on him for win (1st) and show (3rd)  Herb bet him to win and Chris to place (2nd).

The whole race we were all screaming "come on Paul" and everybody around us thought we knew the jockey or something.  You did pretty good, a photo finish but came in second, so remind me to hit you when I see you.  Well that's about all for now.  Take it easy and write when you can.

P.S.  I read Catch-22 also, and the Godfather which was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment