Friday, May 17, 2013

August 13, 1976 (Letter from Cheryl)



I finally got around to writing you again.  George got out and he came by here for 4 days.  He left & we kept in touch; then me & my old man had it out so I up & split & went to see George.  Had a really good wk's vacation.  George is here now  -- just got in today.  Don't really know what he's gonna do.  Matter of fact I don't know what I'm gonna do.  Guess things will work themselves out, they always do.

George, my son, went to Montana (Seely Lake) with some good friends of mine & is havin himself a ball.  Riding horses and fishing, camping & hiking.  I really miss him tho.  So does his sister, but school starts the 1st of Sept. so he should have a good time till then.  When they all get back, we're planning on goin to Yakima, Washington to pick apples.  That in itself should be a trip, seeings how none of us has ever done it before.  It's pretty country down there tho, and most likely will be a lot of fun. Cuz the people I'm goin with are crazy -- a lot of fun to be with.

I haven't been doin too much lately -- mostly stayin home and enjoying the last of summer. There's a lot of wild fruit here; huckleberries, raspberries, strawberries  cherries & apples -- a lot others too, but I don't know the names of em.  Anyway I went eating them & cookin with em. There's mushrooms up on the hill too, but I'm afraid to eat em or cook with em cuz I don't know about em.  But it's still far-out to take your kids up there in your back yard & let em see & eat all the wild stuff.

Our house goes up for auction the 30th.  As of now the landlady & lord have no say so over anything because they both went to Missouri.  So I guess I'll just stay here & wait & see what the new landlord says.  If he's smart he'll let me stay her e-- this place isn't worth moving into -- no one would want it except me & the mice.  (Except for the land; that's what I'm afraid of.)  Someone will want the land.  I'm really gonna hate to move from here.

George just said to tell you high -- and said to remind you "it's August and he's broke & wants to know when you & him are going truckin"!!  That was just off the wall talk -- but he remembers and wanted to know if you do --

Well I gotta go -- we're goin' to bed!!  Fun time!!  Write soon and keep in touch.  So will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment