Friday, August 3, 2012

September 19, 1973 (Letter from Larry)


Your opinion of the book "Chariots of the Gods" and Daniken doesn't alter my opinion of him and his book(s) one bit.  You suggest to me that I should read it again.  I suggest to you that you read his other book "Return of the Gods".  Daniken may not be a writer, but he's just trying to get across his ideas as best as he can.  Some of his points might be hard to grasp to people who fear or are narrow minded.

I'll go into my ideas based on this man's finding.  First, I don't believe in the Bible, as most people do.  It's just a history book which has been greatly misunderstood.  I have no "fear of God", a God that isn't even real.  My God is my conscience and everything around me (earth, sun, stars).   Jesus Christ was just a human.  With so many religions and false gods it's easy for me to feel this way.  To give some example about the Bible (I could never understand the Bible when I was young).

For instance.  Can you imagine people blowing horns and having the walls of Jericko (sp) fall down.  Scientists have developed a sound-vibration machine that could crumble a whole building.  Doesn't it seem more logical the other intelligences were on Earth with a similar device and crumbled the walls of Jericho that way.  But it got written in the Bible as people blowing the wall down with their horns!

A couple of weeks ago on TV there was an hour program called "In Search of the Ancient Astronauts" based on Daniken ideas.  It had evidence, movie pictures of of many things around the world that support his ideas.



I can only believe that Earth has been visited by other intelligences and we are most likely descended of beings form outer space.  It's so much more logical than the Adam and Eve bullshit story.  If you look at the Bible from a different perspective things can become much more logical.  I could go on and on but I'd just be quoting Daniken.

Even before reading Daniken books I was searching for an alternative to present day religion.

A very moving thought came from a Navajo Indian I went to school with.  He said "We have no Jesus Christ, our God is the earth, people, animals, everything."  And "Why should we worry about how we got here or what we came from, we have enough to worry about with the present and the future."

It was after talking with him that I knew I couldn't believe in Jesus Christ anymore or fear God.  I believe nobody should fear anything.  When I was young I couldn't understand how we could fear and love somebody at the same time.  It just didn't make sense.

The main thing to get through life is faith.  People need to have faith in something so they have faith in God, Jesus Christ and the Bible, but to me this is blind faith.  All the faith should be in yourself.

A few more ideas from my head.  Astrology was taught to us by intelligences from outer space.

Every invention every thought up has been thought of before by other intelligences.  I think that their knowledge has been passed on in the brain since they first interbred with us.

I think I could explain myself better in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment