Sunday, August 12, 2012

October 6, 1973 (Letter from Mike)



Just a short note to let you know what's up.  I got an assistantship and am handling the statistical lab for the dept.  They're paying my tuition and giving me $2,500 for 3 quarters which isn't too bad.  I wound up buying a '68 Kharmann Ghia in case I haven't told you and I really like it.  (It was the tan one next to the red bud I was looking at.)  At any rate, things have settled down to a dull roar and I'm stuck in the middle.  Have to start my thesis this week and I'm not in the mood.  (Bishop is playing this shitty organ music and I'm about to strangle him; all I can think of is Captain Nemo and the Nautilus!)

How's the burgh?  And school, and all the rest of the things that you should tell me?  Hope all is well and that you've settled yourself into a rut.

I really have nothing new to report other than I'll be here until June and after that ... well, who the hell knows?  Gotta head out now.  Here are the vitals:

P.S. Bishop said to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment