Tuesday, August 7, 2012

October 1, 1973 (Letter from Larry)


Enclosed in an article from Prevention which I hope will help you.

In reply to your 2nd letter:

I watch very few sci-fi stuff on the boob toob.

I've never had an idol, but there's actually a kind of fear about meeting anybody for the first time.

I'm not looking for an easy, guiltless way to reject Jesus.  I started rejecting Jesus in my early years of high school.  (If used to pay "in Jesus name" but I quit that cause it didn't make any sense to me.)

You say you can't attribute the voice of guidance in yourself to Christ or anybody else's philosophy.  Either am I.  That's why I stoned praying to God and started praying to myself after high school and I was on my own and really thought a lot.

I'm surely not replacing Daniken for Christ, that would be just another idol, which I couldn't have.

I agree with your completely "to worship an image or idol is to deny the self".

I guess I have a spaceship mind like Daniken cause I think man came to earth via spaceship.


I'm listening to golden-oldie night on WRRN.  It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment