Sunday, August 19, 2012

October 29, 1973 (Letter from Mrs. Peroski)



Thanks Paul for your lovely ho-maid letter.  I really enjoyed hearing from you and sorry to hear that your classes are boring you.  I always appreciate hearing from Mardi's friends.

Wonder how Mike is doing with his classes and I hope his car isn't giving him too much trouble.  As yet, I have not received a letter from him, but I am sure when he gets good and ready he will write.

Guess what, Libby and Ellie are right here on the rug beside me.  Lately they have been staying in the house at night.  They are really good "poopies".  Libby seems much bigger.  When you come home for Xmas you will see.  Although, by then maybe they will be with Mardi and Marti on East Street.  They will be moving by the 15t6h of Nov.  I have been up to their home 3 times now painting and they sure have come quite away since the beginning -- two rooms and the hall upstairs has been painted and papered and tonite the man is papering the downstairs living room and sitting room.  Of course the whole downstairs was done from scratch, new wiring, new installation of new plaster boards and papering.  Now the new ceiling and light fixtures.  Then the kitchen completely new.  It will really be nice when it's all done.  They still have a lot to do yet; but the worst is all done.

Paul, I am telling you all this and you probably didn't even know that they had boughten a home.  I'm sure Mardi will tell you all about it when she writes you.  The home is on 407 East Street between 3rd and 4th Ave.

Well Paul we all have been real busy lately and with the holidays coming more so.

I'm hoping to see Mr. S the end of Nov or Dec.  He wanted to know how yo and Mike ere and what you both were doing now.

Think I'll put the dogs downstairs in the basement and go to bed, tomorrow is another.  I hope it doesn't rain.  It's rained all day yesterday and today.  Miserable weather!

Well be thinking of you and take good care of yourself and eat well.

P.S.  Don't let the goblins get you.  "Happy Halloween."

No comments:

Post a Comment