Monday, August 6, 2012

October 1, 1973 (Letter from Herb)



Man am I jealous.  It sounds like you're really set at school -- and lovin it.  I really wanna go back to school.  I've got to get my applications out this week.  In case you don't remember, I decided to go for an MBA.  However my boards turned out to be pretty disgraceful -- 508 -- so I don't k now where the hell I'm gonna get in.  I think I'm applying to NYU, U of P, and Columbia.  Any suggestions?

I've been keeping myself pretty busy since Kenny's wedding -- it was really good to see you and Tony -- real shame it couldn't have been any longer.  I've been doing my normal stuff.  Seeing Sandy, bowling, studying karate and of course working.  Things are getting out of hand with Sandy. We've grown very close -- but I know I want to go out with other people -- it's gonna be very difficult to tell her that though.  I went to N.Y. this weekend -- my folks were buggin' me -- it was the Jewish New Year and all.  Anyhow it turned into a pretty good weekend.  I saw good old Barbara Silverman again.  You remember Barbara don't you.  Well it was just a very friendly chat nothing there anymore except old times.  I hadn't seen her in about a year though -- so we had some catching up to do.

Oh -- remember that girl Elyse at Kenny's wedding -- well, I found out she was gonna be home for the weekend too so I gave her a call -- and we went out Saturday night.  I had a really nice time too -- don't know what's gonna happen there -- but not too much can without Sandy being at lest in on it first -- on how I don't look forward to that.

One other weirdo thing happened since I saw you -- two weeks ago I got a call from Chris -- Lauer up in Buffalo -- Man did he ever freak me out.  I haven't heard or seen him for about 1 1/2 years now.  He sounded sorta mellowed, apologetic almost.  It felt good to speak with him.  He said he's been living with a girl named Sherry and that he's thinking seriously about marriage.  Man, it was weird speaking to him.  I suppose that the realities of marriage might have brought him a little closer to heart -- he almost sounded like the old Chris.  Said he'd write and explain all -- but I'm still waiting for his letter.  I'll keep you posted.

Other than that -- I hope all is well with you.  Maybe you can arrange a visit here sometime or vice versa.  Oh I saw Kenny yesterday -- he got a letter from you too -- he's in the process of replying -- give him some time -- he's fuckin married these days.

Keep in touch - All my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment