Thursday, January 24, 2013

May 28, 1975 (Letter from Bev)

Montana 1975

By now you probably know that Diane and I were in Pittsburgh May 16-18 and stayed at Webster Hall.  We were planing to write you a joint letter while we were there, but never got around to it.  It was good to be in Pittsburgh again and to see Grayce and Brook.  We stopped in GSLIS on Friday afternoon but no one was around, naturally.  The building has undergone so many changes with the biggest improvement being the relocation of the library to the 3rd floor.  I also stopped at WPIC. Ellen is acting head librarian and teaching at GSLIS.  There have also been two additions to the WPIC library staff -- 2 full-time librarians.

I've applied with 2 agencies for a new job.  The VA hospital in Wilmington will have an opening shortly for medical librarian and I would really like to fill it.  New Castle county also has 4 openings for librarians.  Both employers pay more than my present job and the positions would probably be more active.  I get so disgusted with my job somedays because the library is underutilized.

My landlord gave me permission to plant a flower garden between the house and the neighbor's fence.  I put in zinnias, snapdragons, and marigolds.  I also planted a tomato plant and a green sweet pepper plant.  My zinnias are in bud already, but the other plants aren't showing any signs of flowering yet.  I can't wait to get my first tomato off the vine.  I noticed that my neighbor has two tomatoes on one of his plants.  My plant doesn't' even have a flower on it yet.

Now that the warm weather has come to Delaware, I plan on hitting the beaches every weekend.  If it doesn't rain, which the weatherman promises,  I'm planning on going to Dewey Beach on Saturday.  It's only a 2 hour drive so I don't think I'll spend the night.

The softball team that I play for isn't doing too great.  We won 1 and lost 2.  Tonight we play the team which we beat 2 weeks ago.  It's really a lot of fun and good exercise.  My tennis game is improving greatly since I started taking lessons.  In two more weeks I should be able to play a decent game, I hope.

Before I forget, Grayce's birthday was April 27th.

That's all that's new from me.  Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment