Sunday, January 6, 2013

April 18, 1975 (Letter from Renee)

Frontier Hotel, Las Vegas 1975

I've owed you a letter for quite some time -- but "time" has been a problem since I've been super busy.  Right now I'm in school and have to watch a study hall.  All my work is caught up so I have time on my hands to write.

I think the last time I wrote was before we went to Las Vegas.  We had an absolute RIOT in Vegas.  Morrey and I could easily become permanent fixtures in a place like that except for the fact that it costs mucho $.  It seemed as though the outside world was forgotten when we were there.  Morrey and I were like a couple of little kids w/ big eyes -- eating up all the sights and sounds w/ sheer delight.  We got seated right smack in front of Don Rickles in his show, and believe it or not we were chosen to sit there cause we were Jewish.  We sure got a ribbing from Rickles but it was fun and funny!  We saw 3 Vegas shows, which is the part of the vacation I enjoyed best.  Morrey enjoyed the gambling but I didn't go bananas over it, and after my initial tires I could have had a good time w/out the gambling.  People were sure friendly in Vegas, our hotel (The Frontier) was super, and Morrey and I are planning on going back for 1 week over Xmas vacation.  Really though Paul, it was our first big vacation in 5 years and we both felt it was well worth the money.

School is OK.  40 more school days or (DAZE) and we're done.  I'm really anxious for summer vacation when I can do all the things I've wanted to do and all the things I've put off doing.  I'm going to take private piano lessons this summer -- and hopefully I'll be able to play a piece all the way through using both hands.  I'm also going to tutor a few kids so I can pay for the piano lessons. Morrey and I are not taking a major vacation this summer.  Instead we'll take Fri-Mon weekends and to go the cottage in Pa.

It's amazing that my interests in the last few years have changed so much and are so varied. Morrey and I have had all our weekends planned ahead for months already.  Last weekend we called it quits w socializing and we stayed home together -- ALONE.  It was great.  We spent the whole day Sat in bed sleeping and watching TV.  Every once in a while you need time to yourselves to do absolutely 0.  We took the time and I'm glad.  I was refreshed when I came back to work on Mon. -- and Morrey and I both enjoyed the time together to think, talk and reflect on things.

Morrey is busy as a salesman and he likes it very very much.  We're both building a future right now and the challenge to do well is there.  I'm getting kind of "antsy" about living in an apartment. I'd love to buy a house.  But Morrey and money say NO right now.  My taste in houses is not cheap and we don't want to strap ourselves financially to a house just yet.  I've changed a lot Paul in the last few years.  I had to have things right away -- couldn't wait for anything.  Materials things really counted in a big way for me for the last 4 years.  But I guess I must feel more secure w/ myself and our future right now cause there isn't anything I really want and I'm willing to wait for the "big" things to come.  I guess that too many of our friends came up too fast.  They overspent and overbought and consequently have many worries and frustrations.  I guess I've just grown up a little Paul and growing means changing.

I hate to cut this letter short, but the period is almost over and I've got to go.  I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you.  Please write as soon as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment