Friday, January 4, 2013

April 14, 1975 (Letter from Debbie)


I'm sure you'll find this quite childish, but I can't talk well to people.  I can't ever say what's on my mind.  I think you are an honest person, but can you be totally honest.  I mean to the point of where what you say may hurt someone's feelings or pride?  I hope so, because that's what I need, total honesty.  I want you to know what you think of me.  What do you see when you look at me, I mean inside me; not my looks.  How would you describe me as a person?  I'm not looking for "brownie points" just plain old-fashioned honesty.  Sometimes I feel like people don't like "me", like maybe they feel sorry for me, or they are doing their "good deed" by being nice to me.  This may sound stupid to someone as well adjusted as you are, but I want to know what people really think of me.

If you aren't busy tonight why don't you come for a walk with me, then maybe we can talk.

Oh, I want to thank you again for just being there last night. I'm sorry I was such a boob.

No comments:

Post a Comment