Wednesday, January 30, 2013

June 14, 1975 (Letter from Debbie)

Montana June 1975

I sure was glad to hear from you.  And so prompt too.

The weather here is beautiful today, now yesterday was something else.  It rained and rained and rained.  That made me wish I was back in Montana, where it rains for 1/2 hour then the sun shines. But when it was a beautiful day today I decided to stay where I'm at.

I'm selling Avon now.  There's not much money in it, but I'll get by.  I'm going tomorrow to see if I qualify for a townhouse.  They are really nice.  They are two bedroom and fully carpeted.  Really nice. I sure hope I quality.  I need a place of my own.  My mom is great, but her house is just too small for three more people, and the kids get on her nerves pretty bad.  So I'm looking forward to my own place. I'll let you know when I move, but you can write me here until then.

If you get out this way you better come and see me.  If I get my townhouse I'll have plenty of room for you to stay with me for awhile.  You will, won't you?

What's new in Montana?  Deer Lodge no less!  Anything exciting  happening?  I home so, for your sake anyway.

I've joined a Parents without Partners Club.  It's really a nice idea.  They meet twice a month and have a discussion time and then a dance.  I've met a few really nice guys, and I've had a great time.  I sure wish you were here, though.

Do you ever see Mickey?  She never gave me my cake decorating set back.  I just wanted to make sure she didn't move.

Jody starts speech theropy in July.  (As I'm sure you've noticed my spelling is terrible.)  Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to his going.  It'll do us both good.

Well I guess I'd better quit boring you.  Write soon.  Be good and don't do anything I wouldn't, ok??!

No comments:

Post a Comment