Wednesday, February 13, 2013

July 29, 1975 (Letter from Barb N)



Hello.  I am in Warren sitting in the living room and listening to George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" album.    It's nice to be away from the Navy.

We had a real nice time in Mass.  Most of the time was spent in Johnny's pool or playing jarts and chess.  I finally found a chess set for only $3.69.  It was on sale.  It is magnetic board.  I'd say it's the size of a regular checker board.  We saw all Mom's close relative.  It was interesting.

Johnny is turning out pretty good in spite of his overbearing parents.  We got along with with him. Johnny's grandmother showed us a few pictures of Sweden.  She is a real fine lady.

I started doing my yoga exercises last week. I think it will benefit a lot.  I am trying to get my physically and mentally in good shape.  I want to change myself to a better person.

I was going to call my detailer today, but I misplaced his number.  I will have to call him when I get back from leave.  I hope to get overseas by October.

I am now in the process of giving my clothes to the Salvation Army.  I have so many needless clothes that are never worn.  I certainly won't be able to take a lot with me overseas.  I will have to be practical.

I bought some shoes in Mass and they are the most comfortable shoes I've worn in a long time.  I'm throwing away all the ridiculous shoes I've bought for pure style.  I see no need to follow fashion when my health is endangered.  I can't see how I could wear some of my shoes, after stepping in the pair I have now.

I bought 5 shirts from India.  They have them in the Penney's store at the Enfield Mall in Conn.  The rest of my new wardrobe will be hand made byt myself in the near future.  I have a few ideas in mind.

I am going bike riding this afternoon with Pam Bonace.  She got a teaching


No comments:

Post a Comment