Sunday, February 24, 2013

October 6, 1975 (Letter from DIck)


Thought you might want a copy of this just in case you don't otherwise see it.  I talked to the reporter several times and he is really fired up about your case and the whole rotten mess.

Have you given any consideration to a civil suit as Frank Morrison mentions in the article?  A question you need not answer to me, but something I think you might at least give thought to.

Today I resigned my position at the State Library.  Will be working for almost eight more weeks -- Thanksgiving weekend and then be free.  I don't plan to return to work until sometime next spring -- and then in a different area of the country.  Have several job offers for next spring and will probably take one that is in a warm climate.  The situation at the state library gets worse instead of better and I can no longer take it mentally or physically.  Plan to spend the winter at the house working on my silver projects and skiing during the week when the crowds are thin.  Hop[e to also see some friends and do some traveling -- at least until I think I have spent enough money and that again there should be a pay check coming in - -but not before April under any circumstances.

Hope you keep in touch and let me know where you are and what you are doing.  Remember I will give you a letter of recommendation when you need one and if anyone has questions about the prison situation I will be happy to tell them my version in defense of you.

Must run to the store and on to a meeting.  Do keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment