Saturday, February 16, 2013

August 3, 1975 (Letter from Mrs. Peroski)


It was really nice to come home from work & find a letter from you.  I am just sorry that I have not written you sooner; as you know all my free time is taken up with Matthew & my mother.

It doesn't seem possible that you have been out there a yr. already.  Look at me!  March will be 17 yrs. at Cowdrick's.  By the way.  Your dad passed through the store the other day & I told him I received a nice letter from you.

Sorry to hear that your car gave out on you.  Don't feel bad!  Look at me. I have no car & I don't miss it.  For one thing I could not afford a house & car both with my salary.

Paul, I hope we all get to see you before too long.   Our little fellow will be 11 mos. old on the 9th of Aug. believe it or not he soon will be a yr. old.  No more little baby & he is going to be a rough one.  I can hardly keep up with him now; because he is so active.  He does not walk by himself yet; but it won't be long.  One of these days he will take right off & when he discover he can get around.  Look out!  When ever you see him you will have more fun with him because he is a happy-go-lucky little fellow.  Laughs all the time.  You will forget the dogs.  They are both doing fine & the dogs & Matthew get along just great.  If Matthew drops any of his toys from the playpen or his high chair; the gos do not touch his things.  They do not bother Matthew in any way.  I think Matthew bothers Ellie; because he gets excited & pulls on Ellie's ears or what ever he can grab. He is a very good baby.

Mardi, is still working at the bank.

We are having our record heat wave right now.  Would you believe it was 100 at the bank thermometer on Fri. as I was coming home from work at 5 P.M.  Last nite in my house it was 90 & today is going to be another hot one.  We hardly had any rain this month.  My little garden is dying of thirst.  Had my first tomatoe last week.  I also have peppers, lettuce, beets, radishes & hope to have some cucumbers if they don't all dry up.  Haven't had to cut the grass in weeks, because it's so dry.

Paul; take good care of yourself you know we all think of you -- Mike always.  Keep up the good work & dont' work too hard.  Remember we must take the bad with the good.  Most of all stay healthy & eat good.  My many thoughts & prayer are with you.


P.S.  (Haven't heard from Mike since last May.  He is working; but not at his kind of work that he wants.)

No comments:

Post a Comment