Saturday, February 18, 2012

November 12, 1968 (Letter from Mardi)


Your card was darling.  It sounds like everything is going fine.  Are you getting caught up on your studies?  Everything is in place her e-- I've been keeping up w/ studies but I have an entire book to read for tomorrow.  I'm waiting for a psych test in the near future.  Those chapters, blaaa!  How are the stars and stripes.  You're crazy.  I've got to go to psych class in about 10 min so I better get a move on.

Psych class was a real thrill today.  I got a letter from Renee and one from Barb.  Nancy and I have to go all the way to Lake Street post office because Barb sent me a package.

This weekend went flying by in no time.  Mike had a party at his apt Friday night, and we went out Saturday night.  Sun Mike and Mike were going to have steak dinner for Wendy and I, but Wendy had to work.  Wendy and I have it planned to stay with this girl Jan over Thanksgiving.  She has a huge apartment and told us we could stay anytime.  That way we won't have any hours!  Mike said something about going out for dinner and I'm not going to let him forget it.  We're getting along great now, we always have, but we've even getting better now.  Duh!  Are you dating anyone special?  don't.  Hehe!  You old schlemiel you!  The American flag.

Everybody is waiting for Thanksgiving so they can go home.  Linda and Jane and Carol are going home for sure.  They're leaving the 22nd.  They'll have a whole week.  Oh, my phone number is: area code 612-333-9420.  Mardi, apt 36.  I'd love to hear your voice -- hint, hint!  I called Barb Sat and she called me back about 2:30 in the morning.  Barney and I were making dinner.  We talked for quite awhile.  She most likely won't be able to come out for Thanksgiving.  It will cost too much because she can't fly stand-by.  I'm trying to get Foster out here.  On stand-by from Cleveland on a non-stop flight it's nothing at all.

I am so ready for a vacation!!!  37 lousy days.  I live from weekend to weekend.  I have tons to do this weekend -- all my dirty drawers have to be washed.

I must go finish my book for my lit test tomorrow.

Can't wait to see ya ol' -- miss ya, take care.  Sorry about the short letter but I just don't have enough time and I have to answer five more letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment