Monday, February 13, 2012

October 30, 1968 (Letter from Kathy)


I'm really sorry to hear that you've been sick.  I hope that you have caught up with your studies and that you are feeling up to your usual happy self.

I hope you had a very happy Halloween.

I'm glad someone gets clean linen.  Because of a shortage we don't get them this week.  Nice, huh?

Sorry about the sand.  I'm positive I said there was a surprise in there.  You should know by now that the unexpected is that which you should expect from me.

Do you realize that I only have four days for Thanksgiving?  That's not very nice that you have a whole week.  Besides that, I have a chemistry and English final to take when I get back.  (Two days of classes.)  Then five more days of vacation.  I'm hoping to go home with my roommate for the break.

I got a 94 on my bio midterm.  The highest in the class of 109!!  I got an 88 on my clinic midterm.  It was really easy and I should have done better.

Micro, ad bio, and anatomy have been of unbelievable help to me -- and my bio midterm is proof.

I got a letter from my brother today.  He's coming home for Christmas.  I haven't seen him in 3 1/2 years!!  He's out in California.  It should be quite a family reunion for us.

Did I ever tell you I got my hair cut before I came to school?  I'm sorry now, but I thought I needed it short for clinic -- which I only have 2 hours a week.  It's just below my ears. 

A bunch of us kids absolutely have to get together some place during Thanksgiving and have a reunion.  I miss everyone so much.  I can't wait to see everyone.

I have no classes tomorrow.  Classes at Forsyth were cancelled.  I'm gonna get up around nine and do homework all day.  I've got to get caught up.

Well, I'm all run down.

My mother sent me a box of cookies for Halloween.  That was really sweet of her except that my roommate and I each want to lose 10 pounds before Thanksgiving (preferably 15 but...)

No comments:

Post a Comment