Tuesday, May 7, 2013

July 26, 1976 (Letter from Harriet)



Once again, I greet you with a letter!  I hope that I didn't sound obnoxious on the phone.  I did understand your situation & would have definitely done the same thing (gone to Pittsburgh).  It seems as if the starts are against us.  After I spoke to you, I decided that I'd do a super amount of work so I wouldn't have to study next weekend &  you could come.  Well, you know how that goes!  It's hard to do extra work in the summer.  Also, this is our last week of school & next week we have 3 exams in 3 days!  I guess we'll have to put it off again until August.  Do you still want to come to NYC or would you rather go camping?  Let me know.

NYC has provided an interesting summer for me.  I have been taking advantage of the museums, movies, parks, etc.  Not to mention ballgames, ballets, and concerts.  I have been meting a lot of interesting people and learning a lot from them.

Living in my house affords no solitude, and I have been forced to become a beach bum to be alone. It is nice, I can take my books there early in the morning and stay until it gets really hot.  I'm getting brown -- darker than I have ever been.

After next week, I will be a lady of leisure.  I intend to take a few short trips -- to Binghamton, etc. -- and then off to Rhode Island.  Let me know when you are free & hopefully we can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment