Sunday, May 5, 2013

July 18, 1976 (Letter from Denise)



Hi!  I know you know that Kenny's in prison cause I guess he told you.  I guess you have his address so when you want to write to him you can.

I know Kenny just wrote you a short note, so I write you a longer letter and tell you what's happening with Wendy and me and Dollar Date.

First of all, D. D. is coming along fine now, but not like it was in the beginning.  We're only making about 100 a month instead of 7 or 800.  Now I've decided to give it up.  I'm not getting anything out of it except a lot of hassles from a lot of people.  If you want it or know anyone who wants a business of their own, let me know.  I'll be more than willing to sign the license over to whomever wants it.

Wendy is getting older and bigger now.  She's a year old already.  She's learning a few more words than what she already knows.  She understands a lot more now too.

I got about 2 flys in here now that are really getting to me.  I'm trying to kill them, but they just won't die.  I'm slapping the heck out of them but they just won't give up.  I just got rid of them right now.

As for me, I'm just waiting for Kenny to come out.

When Kenny went to prison it was Feb. 19, 1976.  That very next day, someone broke into my place over here, held me at gunpoint and took $130.00 in cash and 2 oz. of reefer. The following Sunday, which was 2 days later, one of the buys came back and stole my desk calculator, my camera, 2 oz. of reefer and the ear phones to my stereo.  These two guys were some of the people that Kenny was dealing to.  I know who they are, but I can't prove it to the police.  Ever since then I've been scared to stay here by myself.  The first place that I find that's half decent, I'm moving out of here.  I don't feel safe here any more without a man in the house.

Wendy ust went to sleep now.  It's afternoon nap time, and I think I'll get some work done upstairs.

Let me know what's happening with you.

P.S.  Sorry about all the greasy spots.  Wendy got hold of the letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment