Monday, November 4, 2013

March 21, 1977 (Letter from Barb N)

...a total disaster. Bad acting, atrocious screenplay, uninspired photography, terrible direction.


Hello.

I'm finally getting time to write between my stages of depression and spurts of constructive work and play.  At least I'm to the point where I understand myself and my bodily needs.  Now I need to learn self-control through self-restraint.  It isn't all that easy for me because I always get such a low feeling inside.  Today I was talking to Evelyn and the feeling of despair became very intense so I knew that I could only overcome the feeling my altering my state of mind.  So the rest of the afternoon and the evening are spent baking break, sewing, writing letters, and cleaning out my junk.

I almost got myself into a friendship that would have led me astray.  Fortunately she has been very blunt to me and I have found that her insults have directed me back on my own path.  I can take a few put downs if there are helpful but Sam is a pain in the ass.  I fell relieved that I'm not around her except there are two problems.  I work with her and she is Darrel & my houseguest for the moment.  I'm sure the situation will improve shortly.

I have only eight months left in the Navy and I feel that it is still too long for me.  I am so happy that I only have two seasons left.

Max is in Ventura, California by herself.  Jeff went back to Warren to get a motorcycle and some money.  Max said she didn't have a job from her last letter but that was a week or so ago.

I should go do some more yoga.

Not much news in Italy.  I will write more when I am in a better state of mind and have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment