Saturday, November 23, 2013

April 14, 1977 (Letter from Larry)

Seen at the Pleasant Street Theater, Northampton

I do have two Lutheran Brotherhood insurance policies.  My agent told me that the first policy I have, has been building up and I had to keep that policy in order not to lose any benefits.  I had to get a new life insurance policy.  I got a $15,000 policy.  It cost $51.78 per quarter.  I figure it is like a savings account for my future.  I also got the accidental death benefit, in that case the money would go to the person stated in the policy.  So far the two polices I'm paying close to three hundred dollar a year.  But I think it's worth it, especially if I live to be 65.  Then I'll get over 2 1/3 times back the money I've put in.

I've started working in my garden.  Planted onions, lettuce, carrots, and cabbage on Tuesday.

The past four days have been beautiful, up in the 80s on 3 of the days.

We had turkey for Easter at home.  Dale and I went to church.

Dale is rebuilding an engine for a friend.  That has been keeping him busy.  He still hasn't found a job.

I started doing yardwork this week.  I need the money very bad.  I'll be spending a lot of money this summer when I go to Europe.

I just finished making out my estimated tax which I have to pay quarterly.  I have to pay $125 every three months when the money is taken out before the paycheck is received.

Mrs. Crary is a little sick today.  She's about 78 years old and she's trying to do more than she should.  I was driving her to Loblaws last Monday when she started to have chest pains.  She was a little worried at first cause she couldn't find her pills.  We started to head back home but she found her pills.  She was weak and had to rest for 10 minutes.  She still went shopping but didn't buy much.  I took her home and she went right to bed.  She was alright the next day.  She didn't want anybody to know she was ill.

I haven't heard from Barb in a while.  The last letter I had from her was good.  She must have been in a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment