Saturday, November 30, 2013

May 12, 1977 (Letter from Mardi)

Not where I saw him.  The Center of Town, Chicopee

Hi.  Just a quick note while there is a moment's peace!  All is going well & we are in the process of moving & it is quite hectic.  If Marti & I can make it through the next three weeks all will return to a nice dull routine!  We are moving the 14th of May and I'm anxious to have more room.

The twins are growing like bad weeds and in about 2 weeks I can hopefully forget all this sterile atmosphere!  So possibly by the 1st of June we'll all be more relaxed.  Marti and I might even be able to enjoy our 4th anniversary!

Barb had to have Harry put to sleep yesterday -- she had gotten into some poison somewhere & it took its tool.  It's kind of like  short era ending w Harry's death.

Got a letter from Renee & Morrey and the black lab has definitely taken over the house totally!  It will be nice to get up to the cottage over the 4th -- wish we had a van to throw the kids in.  Being that the 4th is a long weekend, I want to see if we can get about 8-10 people & get some live lobsters & clams & have a small seafood orgy.  We are fencing in the backyard & we could have it at our house or Mom's.  So keep that in mind.  If my bod doesn't get some sun soon I may look pale yellow forever!

So what adventures have you been on since you last wrote?  Needless to say, we have not ventured far, except from East St. to South St.!  Marti's parents were here over Easter for a week. By some miracle, they stayed with Marti's stepbrother.  Their stay went very quickly and it was not as hectic this time.  We will have more than enough room in our new house, so we will be quite comfortable for handling guests.

We gave Libby to some friends that Marti works with.  It was unfair to keep her.  I couldn't take her out or even brush her.  The people that have her have had her groomed & her ears taken care of.  I hope this time the vat can keep them clean.  He was suppose to take a culture to see exactly what medication to prescribe to keep the bacteria count down.

May 5th, Friday

It's only been about two weeks since I started this letter!!  Moving right along.  All is going well here.  The twins are on my strict schedule & doing good at night, they are waking up just once now.  Unfortunately, Matthew I think has some sort of allergy!  It only bothers him at night, of course.

The house is definitely coming along for the better now.  We will have till the end of the month instead of the 18th like we thought!  I'll probably be a gray-haired mother by then!

I've been keeping books for Barb at Grandview for the family resource services.   I've done most of it at home & it gives me that extra money to spend spend spend!

Thursday, May 12th

Hi!  I will get this in the mail today!  I've just spent an hour on the w/ telephone, electric, gas co's changing addresses!!

Renee & Morrey came over last Saturday.  They were home for "mom's day".  It was the first time Marti met Morrey.  He didn't know what to expect but we had a good time, and we set our plans for over the 4th.   Saturday the 2nd we are going to have a small get together at our house or Mom's. Hopefully there will be a great abundance of lobster present also!!!  The 3rd we are going up to the cottage.  The JC's this year have changed it around so the parade & drum Corp competition is the 4th & the Fun Fair is all week & the fireworks etc are the next week on the 9th!?!?

I'm enclosing a picture of the twins -- who will be 3 mos. Wednesday!!  I've taken more w/ my Instamatic & I'll send out on later.  They are both about 12 lbs. now!

Take care & drop a line soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment