Sunday, November 17, 2013

April 4, 1977 (Letter from Renee)



Again, I find myself apologizing for my inconsistency in returning letters -- but better late than never.  I wanted to write to you after my return from Las Vegas, which was a super vacation only it didn't last long enough cause I'm right into the thick of things once again, and it seems as though I never had a vacation to begin with. My mother had the time of her life in Vegas and so did my mother-in-law.  It was a real thrill for me to show my mother the sights and highlights of Vegas and she had a trip she'll never forget.  I "lost my ass" gambling -- but I didn't go over my budget so I can't complain.  We saw some really super shows, in fact, they were the best shows I have ever seen in my life.  We laughed until we cried from laughter and ate and drank to our hearts delight.  Now, I am paying the penalty cause I gained about 5 lbs. which I am going to lose right away.

Things are still really shitty at school, in fact, they're even worse than before cause one of the guys on the team I work with is cracking up and it makes life at school very trying for those of us on the team who are trying to hold things together.  I am definitely planing on writing a resume and looking for a new job this summer.  Our problems are compounded by the fact that business is downright awful for Morrey right now and we're uncertain what the future holds in store.

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary.  7 good, wonderful, happy and healthy years together.  We might not have a lot of material things to show for it, but we can proudly say that we have really lived well, done what we wanted, and had a good time whatever we've done.  I hope that you will be able to enjoy a happy and fulfilling life with someone someday Paul that is a warm and secure relationship like ours.  (I hope that doesn't sound conceited cause it isn't meant to.)

I received a letter from Mardi shortly before I left for Vegas telling me about her twins.  You were right all along Paul when you said she looked big enough to be expecting twins.  What a surprise and what a wonderful one at that.

I am greatly looking forward to the coming of Spring.  This winter's weather will make us doubly appreciative of nice weather whenever it gets here.  Morrey and I have pants to really do some things around the house that need to be done (clean out basement and garage) and we also hope to do some entertaining which we haven't done for quite a long time.  There are so many couples that we know who would like to get together but we just haven't had a chance, so I think I'm going to throw a couple of intimate "fondue" dinners for 4 or 6 to start the spring season.

This letter is really kind of dumb.  I'm not really in the letter writing mood, but I feel guilty cause I owe you a letter.  My typing is absolutely absurd.  Will you forgive me if I close for now and write at a more opportune moment?  I just wanted you to know that we are alive and well in Columbus, Ohio and that I'm thinking of you and wondering what you're up to these days.  I promise to write sooner next time and to write a better kind of letter.  I guess cause it is our anniversary that I'm kind of horny anyway.  Nature calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment