Tuesday, March 13, 2012

June 4, 1969 (Letter from Barb Salapek)


Hi there stranger!  Sure was good to hear form you!  I haven't written lately cause I haven't had too much time. I finished school about 2 weeks ago and now I'm working more.  I'm still working at the Penn Laurel Restaurant but tomorrow I'm going to apply for a job at Sylvania.  I'm also going to summer school here this summer.  I thought you would be home soon so I didn't write after I got out.  I got my grades yesterday.  They weren't really goo good!  I got English - B; Math - C; Geography - C; Art - C; World Civilization - F,  I'll probably take it over next year.  I was thinking about transferring to the main campus of Edinboro in January but now I think I will wait.  I was going into Phy Ed but I'm really getting screwed up so I might, at the end of 2 yrs of college, to into airlines.  I really haven't decided for sure.

It sure must be nice to be on your own!  It'll probably be quite awhile before I get that much freedom.

Kids are coming home from school for the summer.  The same old cliques are forming again.  It is funny to see all those "good" popular kids up at the Surf Club and Melody Inn.  You know the bunch who were too good to be caught in places like that.  They sure look out-of-it!  I just laugh at them!

Are you coming back this summer at all?  If you do look me up and say "hi" or something!

Have fun this summer.  Best of luck in your job and school too.  Write back to me when you get a chance?  OK?!  Have fun and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment