Tuesday, May 15, 2012

March 19, 1972 (Letter from Barb)



Heighdy-ho Paul Nelson how in the hell are you?  I'm sorry about not writing!!  I haven't written a letter since February and I feel like a jerk.  But before I go on -- do you know if you're coming over Easter yet?  Let me know now so I can plan our fun-filled vacation -- gala parties, dope dens, etc. etc.  I think I'm going to go home for the weekend after Easter since I have that Monday off -- some state holiday.

Do you plan on making the Annual Memorial Day Festivities and Chicken Barbecue this year?? I guess that's the only time we ever get together -- that and Christmas.  God, it seems like last May was 35 years ago!

Thursday 3/23.  I can't even get one letter written -- fate is against me.  I had just gotten the date written and the electricity went off -- so we were fooling around 2/ the fuses for awhile.  Everything always works so well in this house.   Not much news to tell you -- did I tell you "I'm in love again" -- well I'm going out w/ a guy anyway.  Since November -- I probably mentioned it to you over Christmas.  The more I know him, the more I like him, which is very strange and not the usual state of affairs.  One good thing (or bad thing? I don't know) it will do is keep me in Boston this summer instead of hitting the road again, as I've done for the last three summers!  I have 3 weeks vacation so it won't be so bad.  I plan to go to the Vineyard then and groove out on the ocean.  A summer w/out the ocean is unheard of!!  I'm back at Mass Mental since the end of January -- completely different than last year -- especially with my good buddy Meryl gone and all different people there-- except the crazies of course.  It's always an experience though -- now instead of Meryl I have Tony -- a guy who is a homosexual, active in  Gay Liberation, etc.  So far 8 hours a day I am getting a new slant on life and since he is very outgoing and frank about his life, etc.  He's a nice guy but very hyper -0- mostly because of popping pills all the time.  Oh, Boston is just a clean place to live!!  (And I got a good job too!)  How are things in Buffalo?? and school?  Harry says hi and she ants you to come visit.  We have a rabbit now, you can groove on -- it's a little baby and Nanse keeps it in her room -- just what we need.  All Harry wants to do it eat it.  Are you going to California this summer?  (What are you going to do???, etc etc ad nauseum!)  I just sent Mardi a brithday card -- she's 22 and I'm 23 and I'm freaking out.  (You're 22 too, right?)  I guess Bil is getting unemployment now -- I don't know what he's doing with his time (Al's).  Mardi was talking about them buying a car and coming home in May.  Memorial Day here we come.  I haven't written to Joan (everytime I think of it I just don't know what to write!)  All I want to know is how she's doing -- I keep expecting the worst -- I don't know why!  Like a divorce or something.  Any word from Michael?  He'll the The Graduate in a few months -- he, he.  We're all "students of life", yes, yes.

Write and talk to me ahilw when you have time -- and let me know about Easter, ok?  You can call if you want (collect of course) - (617/731-1058).  I wont' be going home till weekendn of April 14th.  Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment