Thursday, May 3, 2012

October 21, 1971 (Letter from Mike)



Sorry about the delay, things have been unbelievably hectic lately.  Glad to hear that you're digging Calif.  Thanks for trying to get a hold of Bagwell for me.  Guess I didn't really expect that you'd find her.

Sound like you might be getting carried away w/ the dope bit.  But it's your life, right?  I'm not even into alcohol anymore.  Maybe I'll tackle smoking next.  T hat's one thing I really should kick.

I won't find out about the Peace Corps until at least January, so I'm applying to a couple mining and exploration firms for a job.  Thought I'd see what I could get. Right now my major objective is to get my ass out of school, I just want to be on my own in some capacity and away from all the fuckin' hassle.  The companies are all over the States -- D. C., Minnesota, Texas, Utah, etc.  I'd really dig Utah because I'd be based in Salt Lake City.  Might be cool for a change.  More on that later.

Mrs. P will be glad to know you're going back to school.  Write her a letter if you haven't already.  I'm sure she' probably worried about you.

My love life has deteriorated almost completely.  She was starting to hang on too tightly and I got scared.  The sex bit was also getting slightly out of hand.  Anyways I wasn't pleased with the way I was acting so I got out of the mess.  When I think of how that could have ended up, I get really scared.  I'm not getting married for NOBODY!!!

Just thought I'd tell you that picture you had of me, with all the colored trees, etc?  Forget it, because the leaves just turn brown in Berea and fall off.  None of the color like the forest at home.  Hate to spoil your images, but that's the way it is.

I still weigh between 130-135 so I think I may have succeeded in beating the fat racket.  However, I'm still eating only one meal a day because that's about all I can handle anymore.

I'm taking a great seminar on psychological anthropology taught by a friend and student of Margaret Mead.  Mead is coming here this spring to take over Anthro classes for a week. Should be great.

Haven't heard from anyone since I've been back.  Dody's student teaching in Warren till December or something like that.  Mark is married in case you didn't know and are really interested.  Needless to say, I care.  No word form Tina and Rusty.  They're probably too busy screwing every chance they get.  As for Mardi well I owe her a letter so I'd better get busy and write to her.

We'll, I've gotta go.  I know this is short, but I never was too good at writing anyhow.  See you this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment