Wednesday, May 16, 2012

April 12, 1972 (Letter from Mardi)



Thought since I've got the time, I would drop you a quickie here.  What the hell were you doing home?  Do you want me to show you the letter you wrote telling me you were going to Boston over Easter again?!  Good mind.  Barb was expecting you.

As you may know, we have a new address.  You didn't have to tell my mother Mrs. Olson was a bitch -- I told her we moved because it was less expensive (true! it is!).  The couple in the back of us were even going to take her to conciliation court.  She has got to be a witch in disguise!  We are finally settled though and the place doesn't look bad.  We have to get bedroom furniture like a dresser and a couple big chairs somewhere.

So when are you going to be heading Westward Ho?  Did you find any transportation yet?  Did you talk to Mike while you were home?  I can imagine he's in another state of traumatic panic, since he hasn't heard from the Peace Corps or anything.  My mother said he was even thinking of going to California again.  Maybe he'll get there this year?  All is going as smoothly as it can here.  Bill is going to school at the U at night and may find a parttime job -- so he can keep unemployment!  I'm finished till this fall and our great bowling season? will be over in a couple of more games so I'll have more time to myself?  I'm still waiting to hear from my mother on the plans for Florida.  I'm going if it kills me!  I can use my big return from my income tax -- $52.

I had better close now -- sorry about teh short letter but I'm getting swamped here at work -- my public needs me.  Take care and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment