Thursday, May 3, 2012

November 11, 1971 (Letter from Mardi)



Hi ya sweetheart -- I just saw Casablanca for the third time and I'm all psyched on Humphrey B again -- love that movie -- I couldn't remember if I owed you a letter or not.  My mother told me she got "the nicest" letter from you.  She called me Friday night to say she got a letter from Mr. Sayles and that we might be going to Florida this winter.  She sounded really excited and told me not to get too excited myself because he just may want her alone to go down. I keep hoping they will get married!  I can just feel something coming.  I can't figure out what's going on -- my mother never says anything.  I haven't heard too much from anyone else.  Barb is thinking of moving on for parts unknown -- she can no longer cope with Boston.  I hope she finds her "place" soon.  I know I wasn't too sure about this place for a long time and then it seemed to fit all in (that doesn't sound right?!) -- and now I really love this city.  I can remember a few? of the traumas I had!  Only 20 or 30.  As for the rest of my letter-writing friends -- I hear nothing.  I guess Joan is going back to school and her and Freddie were not getting along.  She never writes.  Nothing from Foster.  I'm waiting to see if the Peace Corps is still no. 1 at Christmas time.  It's really funny but I"m looking forward to going home for Christmas. Oh! before I forget to tell you!  I made my reservations the other day and since I had no idea when you planned on going home or how you planned going home, I made a reservation for you too!  Naturally it can be cancelled. I made the reservation for Mohawk this year so I don't have to go to Chicago!  Your fare is $60.00!!!  Oh for the 23rd of December.  I'm just trying to be fairly organized about this -- kind of!

I h ave to go now and hit the calculator.  Take care!

Hey! forgot to tell you!  Went to "The Rock'n'Roll Revival" last week.  Fantastic!  Chuck Berry was there along with a million old groups.  The thing lasted for 4 hrs.  Anderson was right at home -- he was born to be a greaser!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment