Tuesday, May 1, 2012

October 9, 1971 (Letter from Mrs. P)

Paul I want you to know I have been thinking of you, even though I don't write.  How are you?  Working real hard I know.  I hear your are working in a restaurant as a cook.  How do you like it?  I have been real busy at work.  We are getting ready for Xmas.   Just think it's a little over 2 mos away.

Have you heard from Mike?  I got a letter fro him and he seems to be doing OK.  I guess he had a bad cold there for awhile, but is much better now.  He said he lost some weight.  He is so thin now, I hope he doesn't lose anymore weight.

I had my wisdom tooth pulled last week and I swear he pulled my tonsils because my throat and neck were so sore, but it's much better now.

The weather is beginning to turn cold and damp and the leaves are turning their beautiful colors.  In c couple weeks they should be real pretty.  Just think after that will come that white stuff.  You lucky guy enjoying the sun.  Will you be home for Xmas?  It seems most of the kids will be home.  I'm planning on Mardi being home.

Bill Anderson and Bill Peterson (a friend of Bill's out of the Navy) came east for a 2 wk trip and spent a couple of days with me and then they went non to Boston.  They took Barb L. with them.

Tina really had a beautiful wedding.  Her husband seems to be a nice guy.  Mike and I both went.  It seems all I've been doing is going to wedding this summer.  Fine in all.

I'm sending you a snapshot of you kids when Mardi was home in July.  I don't think you saw them.


Paul take good care of yourself and let me know how things are out there in good old Calif.  Write when you get time and my thoughts are with you.  Till I hear from you.  Always a friend and Mardi's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment