Thursday, May 24, 2012

Letter from Mardi (June 28, 1972)



Hello kiddo!

My grandfather passed away and I went right home on the 13th and came back the 25th, Sunday.  I had a nice time, only the weather looked like tropical rain country.  I've never seen so much rain -- even in Warren!  We were really lucky that the old Kinzua Dam was there!  Our hoses would have been definitely floating down the Allegheny.  Everyone above us and below us were under water!  I thought for sure the dam would break and we'd all meet our demise.

I can't remember all that you wrote because Bill read it to me over the phone.  I got the general idea that all fell into place for you -- which is great for the nerves!  By the time you come back though, Bill and I will be in a new apt -- somewhere!  We told the caretaker about the dog and he said OK but that we would have to look for another place if we wanted to keep our dog.  You must be bringing us bad luck -- every time you travel we have to move so the next time you come back we're in a new apt.  It's all your fault.  We can't have people think we live in one place for more than 3 mos!

Have you done any applying to schools yet?  You'll probably hate to come back!  The summer is really zipping by at unbelievable speed!  I guess Mike is going to Toledo as soon as he can ans see about jobs etc.  I certainly hope he goes -- he's a nervous wreck!  I was lucky at home to avoid everyone.  I did talk to Sue Smith.  She finally quit her job and is just taking off to visit friends and look for jobs.  I suppose I should have seen her but I could barely stand listening to her talk about Warrenites!  I'm presently waiting to hear form Barb.  I'm either going to Boston  or back home the first week of Aug -- if money holds out.  I would like to see Peggy Corey's wedding if everyone is going to be there but I do want to go to Boston!

Keep in touch and take care!

Wish us luck on moving!

Anderson will get stuck with it all because I may be gone on vacation.  Perfect timing!


No comments:

Post a Comment